If you're like me, then a long, hot soak is just the thing at the end of a tiring week.
I put on my favourite meditative music, pour a glass of something lovely and light my candles.
I'd like to say that I slide into the water ... but as I am getting older... I realise that gracefully safely entering and exiting a bath is no longer possible!
Yet the relaxation and mind calming benefits are well worth my ungainly efforts.
Why not spice up your bath literally by adding one or a combination of the following:
- a sachet of Moon Haven Bath Salts or Bubbles
- a Moon Haven Bath Bomb of choice
- Essensual oil blend of choice combined with solubiliser (see this DIY article for more info)
- Herbs - dried or fresh - try rosemary, mint or lemongrass
- Flowers and petals
- Common Salt - purifying
- Epsom Salts - muscle relaxing
- Bicarbonate of Soda - water softening
- Olive or other cooking oil (beware this can make the bath slippery)
- Citrus peel - Orange, lemon or lime
- Oatmeal - skin soothing
- Ginger - grated - its a fantastic pick me up
- Tea - my preference is for Green tea but Black and Chamomile teas can be great for the skin too
- Your choice of spices - place these in a small muslin back to avoid contact with the skin.
- Milk - yes Cleopatra was onto a good thing
- Honey - it's a wonderful humectant
- Gum Leaves- especially if you're warding off a cold
- Apple Cider Vinegar to soothe skin and fight fungal infections.