What Combination Skin Looks Like:
Combination skin is skin that consistently has both dry and oily areas.
Often this means that your cheeks are look dry/dull/flaky with fine pores and you have an oily T-zone ... i.e you have a shiny forehead, nose and chin where the pores are larger.
What Combination Skin Feels Like:
While your cheeks may feel tight, warm ad dry your forehead, nose and or cheeks will feel a little slick, greasy even oily.
What Causes Combination Skin?
Combination skin is just that ... two types of skin in the one face.
We often see people with combination skin when they are transitioning from oily to dry skin. This especially occurs after a change in hormones. Eg Puberty, pregnancy, starting or stopping oral contraceptives (The Pill) and menopause.
How To Care For Combination Skin:
Jut because you have combination skin doesn't mean that you have two completely different sets of skincare to separately care for the dry and oily areas of your skin'
Cleanse and Exfoliate Gently:
No matter you skin type gentle cleansing is all that is required so please throw out any harsh bubble forming cleansers as well as drying alcohol based toners.
Using a mild but effective cleansers and hydrating toners is so very important - see below for our recommendations
Because your skin has oil laden areas as well as dry patches you will want to keep any exfoliation to a minimum. The last thing you need is to overstimulate the oil and distress the dry patches.
A gentle exfoliator like our Moisturising Facial Scrub is ideal for use with combination skin.
Moisturising your skin is a little trickier when you have combination skin.
Your oily areas need only light moisturisation while your drier areas may need a little more attention.
For many people with combination skin they will get away with using a light moisturiser for the whole face - just applying a little more to the drier areas.
As their skin tends towards the dry they will then move through to using a moisturiser for drier skin and applying less to the oil t zone.
- Nature's Own Moisture Lotion for oiler skin
- Moisture Cream with Bergamot for drier skin
- Ultra Night Cream with Honey & Rosewood for night time 2 or 3 times a week.
- Eye Cream with Calendula for every day care
Pick Me Ups & Treatments
- Bergamot Facial Mist - use anytime throughout the day to boost humidity and uplift your mood
- Facial Clay Mask Powder with Sandalwood & Oats - A once a week treat to help refine and tighten skin
- Moisturising Facial Scrub with Organic Clays - Use once or twice a week to keep your skin looking vital and youthful