Like many of our moonies I suffer from "Mask Rash". and "Ear Rub"
You know - sensitive and tender spots on my face where my mask and elastic has been rubbing .
Here are some simple self help tips to get from ouchhh to ahhhh.
What causes Mask Rash?
Nearly all face mask irritation occurs where your mask and elastic comes in contact with the skin.
Friction causes the skin to become irritated.. If the friction continues you can end up with eroded skin - just like when you get a carpet burn or grass graze.
So the best way to minimise mask rash is to reduce the friction, avoid chemical irritants and soothe the skin. You can do this by:
- wear a well fitted mask. Looser fitting masks can slide around your face causing more damage and rubbing. Overly tight fitted masks cause too much pressure on already delicate skin.
- use an "Ear Saver" or choose a tie up mask if you experience "Ear Rub"
- Apply a small amount of Moon Haven's Calendula Salve to irritated areas before, during and after wearing you mask to soothe your skin
Do Not over cleanse Use only a gentle cleanser -don't over clean. Our Herbal Cleanser with Rose Geranium would be perfect
Keep your skin well moisturised Try our soothing Moisture Cream with Rose Geranium - noted for it's deep skin nurturing yet absorbs readily.
- Wash you cloth mask often - ensure your mask is made of soft 100% cotton material. and is washed after each use using low irritant washing detergent and softener
I hope this information is helpful.
Leonie of moon haven
Just click the Messenger button in the right hand corner of this page to ask a question or get more information
- if we're logged in you may even get an answer straight away...otherwise we'll get back to you as soon as well log in.
Please note: Information in this article and on the moonhaven.com.au website is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice.
Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition..