We all want beautiful, glowing skin.
Skin that is healthy, radiant and vital.
And we all know that exfoliation is a an important step in keeping our skin in tip top condition...
But get it wrong and you may be doing much more harm than good.
We've been told that we need to exfoliate to remove the dead cells from the skins surface to get that healthy glow.
So lets explore the why, how, what and when of exfoliation.
Exfoliating helps to improve the texture and appearance of your skin by removing damaged, flaking and dead skin cells on the surface of your skin.
And by removing this debris it makes your skin care more effective as it to penetrate more deeply.
It also helps to even out pigmentation, brightening the look of your skin.
If there is just one thing you take away from reading this article is that you must be oh so gentle with your skin when you exfoliate.
You see you are not trying to sandpaper the surface of your skin within an inch of its life. In fact all you are trying to do is to softly remove the loose, flakes and dead skin cells from the surface of your skin.
Eroding the skin's surface by vigorous scrubbing will only sensitise and inflame your skin... leaving it exposed, vulnerable and in need of major repair work.
Of course you can use chemicals to help to exfoliate your skin but here at moon haven we much prefer you use more natural and easily managed physical exfoliants and methods.
Exfoliating your face with clays, natural jojoba wax beads and your body with wonderful sea salts, herbs, spices and other botanicals align much more with our ethos and understanding of caring for your skin.(see below for our recommendations)
While there are skin care 'experts' who recommend that you exfoliate your face and body each day - we have come to understand that this is much too often for your skin...especially if its sensitised
Gently exfoliating your face and body once and at most twice a week is ideal.
LIGHTENING - BRIGHTENING - REJUVENATING
- for all skin types except the most sensitive
- cleansing, clarifying, polishing and nurturing
- can be used as both an exfoliant and mask
- Rich organic Australian clays to help draw impurities from the skin
- Natural Jojoba Wax Beads safely exfoliate your skin. These spheres of nutrient rich oil/wax are very effective as an exfoliation medium, yet are gentle enough not to leave micro abrasions on the skin surface.
LEAVES YOUR SKIN SMOOTH - MOISTURISED - REJUVENATED
- For all skin types
- Exfoliating, stimulating, moisturising
- Natural skin smoothing sea salt
- Skin toning and cellulite busting Ginger, Clove Cinnamon spices
- Cinnamon, Clove Bud, Rosemary and Sweet Orange essential oils
- Moisturising Jojoba, Sunflower and Grapeseed oils
- Skin soothing Cocoa Butter
Want to know more?
Just click the Messenger button in the right hand corner of this page to ask a question or get more information
- if we're logged in you may even get an answer straight away...otherwise we'll get back to you as soon as we are back online..
Always seek qualified medical advice regarding your own individual situation
Please note: Information in this article and on the moonhaven.com.au website represents the opinion of the author and as such is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice.
Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition.