Plan: Choose what you can and want to do
One of the keys to a more relaxed festive season is to choose to do only that which makes you happy. Which promotes your own enjoyment of the season and those that you love.
Over-committing at this time of year, volunteering for time consuming tasks and obligations, accepting every invitation and attending every event can be overwhelming and exhausting.
So the experts advise that you choose
- to attend only those events that bring you joy and happiness.
- to only commit to providing food, entertainment and tasks that you can easily achieve in the given time.
- discuss and stick to a family and friends gift giving strategy that is easy to achieve and doesn't overburden the budget.
Lists: Make lists of everything you need to accomplish, gift to purchase and tasks to do
Santa certainly knows a thing or two about time management and reducing stress at his busiest time of the year, had it right when he made lists for those who were naughty and nice. He certainly knows a thing or two about time management.
Carrying round all sorts of information, must do's and tasks lists in your head can be dreadfully burdensome and exhausting.
Psychiatrists working with the most anxious and stressed patients recommend that proper use of lists and notes. For example, making a list of say the people you have to buy gifts for along with gift giving suggestions unburdens the mind from carrying this information around. It allows you to refer to the list as she are out and about. And it has been proven to help reduce the anxiety and stress associated with forgetting someone of something.
Me Time: We weren't made to be on the go 24/7.
So it is important to take time for yourself during the holiday season.
Make sure you get some me time... we suggest you pencil it in to your calendar.
- Take 2 hours to curl up on a chair with your favourite magazine,
- take a bath full of moon haven bubbles,
- diffuse your favourite blend of essential oils while curled up with your favourite book.
- Go for a walk and take in the beauty around you.
- Take time out to spend with a special friend, partner or child to just choose to be with them.
- Take time to do some yoga, meditate or zone out listening to relaxing music.
Each of these gentle, relaxing activities allows you to recharge your batteries and hwelp you deal with the stresses and pressure of the festive season.