We’re using amazing Rice Bran Oil
At Moon Haven we are always looking for the next best thing to come along. We have found a spectacular ingredient that keeps on amazing us with what it does!
Rice Bran Oil sounds like it wouldn’t pack much of a punch, after all, rice is the commonest food grain on the earth. What I didn’t realise is all the goodies that are thrown away when we turn brown rice into white. Rice Bran Oil comes from the husks and left overs … and we get one of the most useful skin caring oils on the planet!
With elements like:
· Huge amounts of the vitamin B complexes which is fantastic for helping with skin conditions
· The richest natural source of liquid Vitamin E- a strong antioxidant helping to protect skin from sun damage and air pollutants.
· Phytic Acid – helps to balance the pigmentation of skin
· Ferulic Acid- provides microfoliation which gently helps to renew skin
· Proanthrocyanidins – supports collagen and elastin in skin, improving suppleness
you can see why i am excited!
- When you add in that Rice Bran is a sustainable resource- one that is derived from the waste product of the rice industry we felt compleed to incorporate it into our products.
- So we have decided to include Rice Bran Oil in our yummy soaps and are now looking at specific product we can formulate that will bring the amazing benefits of Rice Bran Oil to our skin. Look out … Rice Bran is here to stay!