I love making salt scrubs at home. Firstly they're so easy to put together. A good quality salt - finely ground is best - some low scent cooking oil and essential oils of your choice and voila - you have your very own home-made exfoliant.
The wonderful sharp grittiness of salt crystals are particularly useful in smoothing rough areas like feet and elbows. Never use this type of scrub on your face or delicate skin.
Salt also has deeply detoxifying properties: Its trace minerals are natural purifiers that draw out pore-clogging toxins and relieve congestion.
The gentle circular rubbing action used while exfoliating invigorates the skin, promoting efficient circulation and healthy skin cell turnover.
5 Benefits of using a Salt Scrub
- Glowing healthy skin
- Exfoliates dead skin cells
- Increases circulation to the skin
- Helps reduce cellulite
- Promotes relaxation
How to make a Mind Soothing Skin Smoothing Salt Scrub
- 2 tablespoons finely ground sea salt
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 5 drops lavender oil
- 3 drops rose geranium oil
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Apply a small amount to wet skin and gently rub
- Wash of with warm water and pat dry
- Do not apply to face or sensitive areas
That's it... you can use this simple skin care regime as often as you like. Note: Of course if you feel or see any irritation on your skin, stop using the salt scrub.