Using banana peels to rejuvenate and nourish your skin
When you eat your next banana - don't throw away the skin!
You see, banana skin is full of brilliant anti ageing compounds including lutein, vitamins A,B, C and E along with potassium, zinc, iron and manganese. It is also high in hard to find fatty acid esters.
Lets talk about Lutein
Lutein, which is abundant in banana peels is an antioxidant and carotenoid vitamin related to the powerful skin re-generator Vitamin A.
Lutein helps in protecting the skin against the damage done by the sun so it is a wonderful age fighter.
How to use Banana Peel to rejuvenate your skin
- Gently cleanse your skin - use only a mild cleanser and do not exfoliate.
- Take a ripe banana and cut its peel into manageable strips.
- Very gently rub the inner part of the peel directly on the skin for a few minutes in a light circular motion.
- Replace the peel if the skin starts to turn black on the inside
- Leave on your skin for 10 to 15 minutes to allow it to absorb all the nutrient rich goodness. absorb all the moisture for at least 4-5 hours.
- Then rinse off with cold water and pat your skin dry.
That's it... you can use this simple skin care regime as often as you like.
Note: Of course if you feel or see any irritation on your skin, stop applying the banana peel to your skin and soothe it with an appropriate moisturiser or oil.