If you're having trouble getting to or staying asleep then this article is for you.
Insomnia - the inability to get a good nights sleep is an extremely common problem and one we are often asked to help with at the moon haven cottage.
Luckily we have a number of techniques, products and information to help guide you back to good sleep health and habits.
Quick Hints & Tips
Check out the following simple hints & tips to getting a good night sleep. For more in-depth information download our Getting a Good Night's Sleep Naturally Fact sheet here>>>>
- Make sure your bed and bedding is suitable to getting a good sleep
- Your bed should be comfortable, supportive but not too firm, Pillows the right height for your sleeping position and bedding light , loose and comfy.
- Ensure your bedroom is dark, cool and quiet
- Establish a good sleep routine -
- avoid exercise, screen time and heavy stimulating food and drink at least 2 hours before bedtime
- keep your bed purely for sleep (and partner cuddles!)
- Avoid screen time before sleep -
- keep electronic devices (phones tablets and computers anywhere but the bedroom
- Ensure that you are physically and mentally ready for rest and sleep at the end of the day
Moon Haven's Deep Sleep Pulse Point Potion
If you have tried the above hints and tips and are still finding it difficult to get a good night's sleep then it may be time to try our Deep Sleep Pulse Point Potion.
We've had such great feedback from so many of our wonderful moonies about Deep Sleep. In fact I think we'd be run out of town if we ever stopped making it!
Deep Sleep was developed by our aromatherapist Leonie to help with her own problems with insomnia - it worked so well that she started making it for our family friends and moonies.
The key to getting the best out of this pulse point potion is to use it consistently. In fact, while we instruct our Deep Sleep users to apply it each night for at least 3 weeks...We find that most people are able to enjoy a good nights sleep within a week or so of starting to use this potent potion
Get a Check-Up
Sometimes poor sleep and deep fatigue have a more deeply rooted cause and when simple sleep techniques like the above do not prove effective then it is wise to book a full medical check up with your doctor.
Conditions like Sleep Apnea, Narcolepsy, Anxiety and Depression can impact significantly on sleep quality and in turn a persons quality of life. So it is wise to follow up with your medical practitioner of choice for further guidance and treatment.
I hope this information is helpful.
Leonie of moon haven
Want to know more?
Just click the Messenger button in the right hand corner of this page to ask a question or get more information
- if we're logged in you may even get an answer straight away...otherwise we'll get back to you as soon as well log in.
Please note: Information in this article and on the moonhaven.com.au website represents the opinion of the author and as such is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice.
Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition.