This formulation is the first in our DIY Treatments for Younger Looking Skin … From Your Fridge series.
As we grow older and the sun damage to our skin becomes more evident liver or sun spots begin to appear. These usually occur on our face, neck line and the backs of our hands and most people from the age of 50 onward have them.
That’s why this Sun and Liver Spot Lightener formulation is so popular.
To help lighten the skin this formulation uses:
- Lemon Juice- a long used skin lightener courtesy of the lemon’s citric acid
- Soy Milk – contains a compound which inhibits the melanin – which causes the skin to darken when exposed to sunlight
- Honey – an emollient to help soothe and nurture you skin while the skin is gradually lightened by the other ingredients.
This mask will help to gradually lighten the skin over a number of weeks.
We recommend that you don’t continue for more than 8 weeks at a time, and certainly no more than 3 times per week.
1 tbsp Lemon Juice
1 tbsp Soy Milk
1 tbspn Honey
- Mix all the ingredients together
- Using a soft brush or cotton pad apply to face
- Allow to set for 25 minutes
- Repeat 2 to 3 times per week for 6 to 8 weeks
Other articles / formulations in this series are:
AHA Wrinkle Tightener
- Anti-Inflammatory Puffy Eye Treatment
This article was written by Moon Haven’s aromatherapist and founder Leonie Gully.
Subscribe to the Moon Haven Newsletter where each month Leonie and the Moon Haven Team share articles just like this one plus fill you in on all the happenings at the Moon Haven Cottage.
Subscribe to the Moon Haven newsletter at moonhaven.com.au
Leonie loves to receive your emails, questions and requests for information . Just email her at email@example.com
While any advice provided is general in nature, it is not intended to replace medical diagnosis or treatment. If you are at all concerned about your condition it is important that you do consult your medical practitioner of choice for an individual treatment plan.